In order to help our leagues grow and maximize their potential, the website is designed to be open to anyone who’d be interested in creating content. There are two primary avenues for this, and if you’re interested, we can get you setup with an account that will let you create and publish content to the website which in turn would be shared out via our social media.
The first thing you’ll need to do is create a SSG website account. This is the account you’ll use to post content to the website which in-turn gets automatically pushed out to Discord and other social media platforms such as Twitter. This account is different from your account on Discord and on the SSG forums.
This is for things outside of SSG league news, and are what get the bulk of our views. You’d have a significant audience for things like game reviews, game tips, top 10 lists, dynasty reports, something you love (or hate) about a game, etc. You’d produce 2-4 articles, videos, etc. per month to be kept on as an official contributor.
- Written content would fall anywhere from 500-2000 words with a focus on quality and keeping a consistent schedule.
- Videos, podcasts, or other media would fall between 10-60 minutes with the same focus on quality and consistency.
This is for content relating to hosted SSG leagues. This obviously makes the most sense for a league you are participating in, but it can also be just because you’re interested in covering them.
Creating a Post
After you have an activated account, your will have the ability to write a post and submit it for review. A post is essentially any sort of content appearing on the main website. Posts can take on many forms, and we primarily use them to write news stories/editorials, deeper stats/analysis segments, and even media such as podcasts and videos.
- Once logged in on the website, head back to the website’s homepage. From there, you can create a post by click on the “+ New” button at the top of your browser’s window, and then clicking “Post.”
- You’ll want to assign your post to the appropriate sport/league/category.
- Images must be either original or labeled for reuse via the Google Images filter. Here is a link to explain how to use the filter–it’s very easy.
- Images must be uploaded and then inserted into the “featured image” area which can be found in the lower right-hand side of your post/draft. Other images can be placed directly into the article, but only the “featured image” will appear as the primary image for your post.
- Spend a moment and give your post a good proofreading before submitting for review. You can also save posts as drafts and come back to finish them later on.
- Once submitted, you should receive an email (we do too) letting you know it’s been submitted.