Advances are Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday 9pm ET
13 minute quarters
15 second clock run-off
Game-generated draft classes (to prevent cheating)
Ball Hawk MUST be turned off in your Team Settings. Failure to do so will result in you being removed from the league.
Users CAN manually catch/intercept.
You cannot move players on defense pre-snap other than: 1) The player you’re controlling and 2) using the in-game adjustments.
We allow switching on offense and defense and also allow for selecting catch type, but we have sliders in place to counter any overabundance of ball hawking/lurking INTs
If your opponent has conceded defeat late in the game at a reasonable point (by running only and chewing clock) you need to pump the brakes and just take the victory. If your opponent has NOT conceded defeat and is aggressively trying to come back (airing it out on offense & putting 8-9 men in the box run blitzing) the team in the lead is free to run their offense to keep the chains moving. The winning team is also free to score if they have an open lane to the end zone. Don’t score if you can run out the clock. Losing big is not an excuse to pad stats.
If you have a complaint, contact a Commissioner/Admin privately on Slack. Do not blast the main chat with a complaint about your opponent.
Communication is key for a successful league. Please don’t be lax or passive when it comes to contacting your opponent. Don’t play the waiting game.
Here’s how it should work:
- Player A – Slack DM your opponent with the days and times that work for you during the advance window (not just “When can you play?”)
- Player B will reply with what works for them, and you come to an agreement.
Offense: Vary your runs, vary your formations, and vary your routes. Do not resort to go-to plays on most 3rd downs. We all have tendencies, but let’s open up the playbook for this league. Defense: Vary your coverage, vary your formations, and vary your blitzes. If you have a team that is built to play more man feel free to do so. The same goes for zone schemes. Within your scheme you still need to call different zone/man plays.
Must rush at least 3 defenders on every play, QB spy does not count as a rusher.
–4th Down Rules–
4th and 2 on your opponent’s 40 yard line and in. This does not mean that it should be automatic to go on 4th in this situation, as the game situation should determine this.
Anytime you are losing in the 4th quarter.
No play-action pass plays on 3rd and 10+ yards or 4th and 10+ yards.
Due to a recurring defensive glitch, no more than 1 consecutive no huddle attempt can be called, and the play must be changed completely.
Exception: Only in the final 2 minutes of the 2nd and 4th quarters can you attempt a max of 3 consecutive no huddles, while changing the play completely.
QB should not be sprinting back 10 yards on drop-backs.
QB should not just sprint straight to the sidelines after the snap. Let the QB complete his drop-back motion, and then you can scramble if you are facing immediate pressure.
QB should not be constantly drifting to the right/left on a standard drop-back.
There are some designed roll-outs in the game, but none of them sprint you to the sideline.
No more than 2 hot routes can be called during any offensive playcall. This relates to changing WR routes, so if you’re using max protect, then more than 2 hot routes will show, and the RB/TE’s should stay in and not run a route.
No chew clock until the 4th quarter. Exception: if the losing team is down big and is trying to end the game (winning team can follow suit if they see this).
CPU games can be played in the rare instance two members cannot find a common time. Permission must be received and shared with a commissioner before auto-pilot is enabled.
Stat padding against an AI opponent is an immediate ban from the league. It is considered stat padding when scoring more than 3 TDs with ANY one player, including a QB. The user team should also not score more than 35 points.
– No WR to TE
– No WR to HB or HB to WR/TE
– LB’s can be moved to LE/RE and vice versa.
– LE/RE can be moved to DT and vice versa.
– Secondary positions can be moved to another secondary position (CB, SS, FS)
– SS/FS can only be moved to a LB position if they are 225 lbs minimum, and 87 speed maximum.
– No K or P position changes.
– If you don’t see something listed here, please ask an admin before making the switch.
– No trading with the CPU.
– New members have to have played 3 games before completing a trade. During the offseason, we’ll monitor moves very closely–no superstar moves will be made by a new member since they would not have been able to play their 3 games yet.
– When a trade is agreed upon, both teams must post/reply in a single forum thread on the forum and include their rationale. Next, notify a Commish/Admin, and wait for approval before processing on console.
– Commissioner(s) have the right to veto any trade they feel is bad for the league.
– Rookies cannot be traded.
– Players can only be traded once per season.
– For the first season, 2 trades are allowed per team.
– Number of trades per season after season 1 is maxed at 4. (The first Offseason is considered the start of Season 2, and it ends at the Week 8 deadline.)
–Free Agents/Practice Squads–
– Each advance, teams can sign 1 Street FA 66+ OR 1 Practice Squad player.
– Teams can also sign unlimited Street FA 65 or lower (unlimited does not include PS).
– Free Agents signed in season cannot be traded until the following season.
– Notify the user if you poach a PS player, so they can fill the hole.
–Contracts for Free agency–
– Max length contract offer is 5 years for all.
– Players who are both 75+ overall AND under age 28 cannot be offered 1 year contracts.
– Anyone signed illegally will be put back in FA.
53 man active roster required.
Disconnects will be handled on a case by case basis.