The NBA 2K MyLeague Online is based on the mission of sim gameplay, first and foremost. Our rules are subject to being changed–even midseason–if an issue has been identified that is grossly impacting this mission. We will do our best to handle rule changes quickly and appropriately.
29 game schedule (we may rotate teams in divisions each year for schedule variety)
9 minute quarters
Game-generated draft classes (to prevent cheating)
No running up the score/stat padding.
If your opponent has conceded defeat late in the game at a reasonable point, you need to pump the brakes and just take the victory. If your opponent has NOT conceded defeat and is aggressively trying to come back, the team in the lead is free to run their offense. Losing big is not an excuse to pad stats.
If you have a complaint, contact a Commissioner/Admin privately on Slack. Do not blast the main chat with a complaint about your opponent.
Communication is key for a successful league. Please don’t be lax or passive when it comes to contacting your opponent. Don’t play the waiting game.
Offense: Vary your plays. Do not resort to go-to plays or quick plays all game long. We all have tendencies, but let’s open up the playbook for this league.
No CPU games are to be played.
–Position Changes and Rules–
-No position changes are allowed.
-You may only play someone at a position if it’s listed as their primary or secondary position.
-You are required to keep at least one player of every position.
– No trading with the CPU.
– New members joining during the regular season have to have played 3 games before completing a trade, no exceptions, including the trade deadline.
-During the offseason, we’ll monitor moves very closely–no superstar moves will be made by a new member since they would not have been able to play their 3 games yet.
– When a trade is agreed upon, you must be post it on the forum, notify a Commish/Admin, and wait for approval before processing on console.
– Commissioner(s) have the right to veto any trade they feel is bad for the league.
– No trading 1st round picks until the first offseason.
– Rookies cannot be traded. This excludes draft and stash players before they enter the NBA.
– Players can only be traded once per season.
– Trading during the draft is allowed and is the one time trades will not need pre-approval. This rule will go into affect 30 minutes before the scheduled draft time. Trade at your own risk. If you are unsure whether you’re getting the appropriate value, use a (modern-day) draft chart and/or reach out to a commissioner. Reminder: Sometimes the best trades are the ones you never make.
– There are no maximum number of trades, however a commissioner can veto a trade at their discretion if they feel a team is trading too much.
If a team cuts a player they are not allowed to resign them for the rest of the season.
-Players who are both 84+ overall AND under age 30 cannot be offered 1 year contracts.
-Anyone signed illegally will be put back in FA and the team will incur any penalties owed to the player.
Players must have at least 14 players on their roster (during the season) at all times.
Disconnects will be handled on a case-by-case basis.