- True to life rosters.
- 29 Game Season.
- Superstar Difficulty with simulation sliders
- Updated Rosters as of start date (TBD) of the league
- 8 Minute Quarters.
- Full Rookie Draft
- Game Deadlines (Starting the day after draft):
- Week 1: At least 5 games.
- Week 2: At least 10 games.
- Week 3: At least 15 games.
- Week 4: At least 20 games.
- Week 5: All games played
- Two (2) consecutive missed deadlines will result in an automatic removal from the league.
- If you have an acceptable reason to miss a deadline then just let an admin know ahead of time. If there is an emergency then of course things can be excused.
- Trade Deadline will occur at the third deadline.
- Be mature please! This is a league for fun. Toxicity won’t be permitted.
- No quitting games.
- Mid-Season free agents may NOT be signed to more than 2 year contracts.
- Don’t run up the score in closing minutes if the game is already decided, have courtesy. Last second shot attempts in a game that has been decided is unnecessary — just hold the ball.
- Streaming/archiving games is recommended. This is the easiest way to find out if there are players abusing the system
- Do NOT excessively flash pause.
- Games affected by lag-outs will be determined by players affected + admin help. If game was out of reach already, team winning will be rewarded. If situation could be argued to still be a winnable game, game can be reset. These situations are up to both players + an admin.
- THREE STRIKE rule for breaking the rules.
- 1st Strike: Verbal Warning.
- 2nd Strike: Given a loss vs. the team you committed rule break against.
- 3rd Strike: League removal.
- Disputes Between Members:
- All disputes MUST be handled via PM. If you believe your opponent is breaking the rules, PM them and tell them what they are doing wrong (specifically if it is a new owner). If you are not comfortable with speaking to the other player then always let an admin know and we will reach out ourselves. The league can not thrive without players policing one another.
- Running plays is required. No certain % that you must meet, but this is a sim league and teams run plays.
- Do NOT abuse one play, or the same type of play
- Creating a playbook is recommended, but if you do so then refrain from putting an excessive amount of the same play types in the playbook
- Unlike most leagues, on ball defense is NOT REQUIRED. Again, this is a sim league, not a competitive league. If you feel that you’re not as good as the player playing defense would be by usering that player, feel free to play help defense.
- Don’t abuse a single player in a game. There will always be games where x player is hot, but don’t force things just because the player is a high overall. Work to get good shots for your team.
- Don’t excessively run fast break. Just because someone is upcourt doesn’t mean the ball should always go there. Do it when it makes sense to.
- Don’t abuse turbo/baseline turbo cheese.
- This contains no abusing of dunk animations. Don’t consistently call isolations for one player and attempt to get by your opponent just to get an auto dunk.
- Do not abuse stepbacks and snatchback dribbles. This seems to be another huge issue with this game that is unguardable at times. It’s fine to use, but do not abuse it.
- Zig-Zagging is even worse of an issue in this 2k, so DO NOT RUN BACK AND FORTH until you get an open shot. This is arguably the biggest issue with the online gameplay, so refrain from doing so.
- No abusing of dribble moves. Keep it realistic, no need to triple behind the back, crossover, and hesitate before reaching halfcourt.
- No cherry picking! Play defense.
- If your opponent is pressing before half court or right at halfcourt, you are allowed to turbo by them and attempt to score.
- If your opponent is reaching on inbounds passes in the backcourt, this applies as well.
- Apply common sense here! If it is accidental or only once, just walk it up!
Points in Paint (PIP) Rule:
- No hard set % on the amount of your total points that can be in the paint, but again, do not abuse. Teams play styles will/should vary but nobody relies 100% on points in the paint. Same with 3’s.
- Have reasonable rotations set beforehand. The advanced rotations are maybe the best thing about 2k. There’s no reason to run a player into the ground.
- A player must play their primary position. If a player is assigned to two (2) positions, that player can only play those positions. If a player is only assigned one position, they can play one position up or down from their position.
- For example, Giannis is assigned SF/SG which means he can only play those positions. If you have a guard that is only assigned to a 2 guard he can be moved to PG or SF.
- HOWEVER if you want Giannis to bring the ball up the floor and generate the offense, there’s a play initiator option in the player edit screen. Use that.
- If you’re down late in the game you may try to advance the ball up the floor quickly to try and score or set the offense up quickly.
- All trades must be approved by an admin
- Trading with the CPU is NOT ALLOWED
- Trades will be kept to a relative minimum. Not to say that there will be no trades, but trades must be logical. Just because I have Westbrook and you have Kyrie and we’d each like the other player doesn’t mean we should just swap the two. It doesn’t make sense.