Commissioners: Mike Lowe, Mike Sim, Nate Brooks, Phil Macioce
Board of Directors: Mike Lowe, Mike Sim, Nate Brooks, Phil Macioce, Armando Trejo, Ryan Hetzer
Sim Times: Daily, 1pm ET
I. League Settings
- SSG Out of the Park Baseball has set the following roster restrictions for minor league teams:
- AAA: 26 man rosters, no age restrictions
- AA: 26 man rosters, no age restrictions
- A (advanced): 30 man rosters, No more than 5 years professional service time
- A: 30 man rosters, No more than 5 years professional service time
- A (short season): 35 man rosters, No more than 4 years professional service time
- Rookie: 35 man rosters, No more than 3 years professional service time
- The images below are a bit dated, but should give you a general idea as to how the league is setup:
Players and FaceGen
SSG Out of the Park Baseball handles all contracts, including extensions, within the game itself–if the software will allow it and the player accepts, you’re free to offer whatever contract and incentives you wish.
We use the SSG League Trade Policy to help monitor trades.
- The trade period runs from the end of the World Series up until July 31st.
- Recently drafted players can be traded in the off-season of that season.
- We do not allow player to be named later (PTBNL) trades.
- During the start of the offseason, players currently waiting on arbitration ARE allowed to be traded.
- During the start of the offseason, players that are going to be free agents (approximately 3 weeks after the start of the offseason) are not allowed to be traded (so no sign-and-trades).
- Guys who do sign as free agents during an offsesaon, whether as UFAs going to a new team or staying with their original team, need to stay with the team until June 15th before they can be traded.
A trade must fit the following criteria in order for it to be processed:
- A thread must be started on the forum listing the players involved as well as the team and level the player can be found in that team’s most recent export
- The other team(s) involved must reply and approve the deal in the same thread
- Both teams must provide reasoning for the deal. A paragraph wouldn’t kill anyone
- The trade must NOT add to a team’s negative “Total Money Available” balance. “Total Money Available” can be found in the Front Office–>Finances–>Budget Information screen
Note: In the offseason, teams can increase their available cash at the expense of lowering their scouting and/or development budget
- The players involved in the deal must not be injured (failed physical), but can be dealt if their injury is only day-to-day
- The trade must also be submitted in-game by both teams and included in their next export
- Waivers should be used to remove players off of your 40-man roster. It should not be used for players who are not on your 40-man roster, who have a minor league contract, or both.
FAQ – If you’re looking to cut a guy but want to see if someone will take the salary from you, that would be another acceptable reason to place someone on waivers.
- You cannot keep healthy players on your injury list. Obviously sometimes this will happen on the day a player becomes healthy, but going beyond that is considered negligence. Using AAA rehab assignments is a way to clear guys out of the IL who may not quite be ready for MLB action just yet.
- Punishments for violations of waiver wire rules will start at the releasing of your most recent 5th round draft pick, and can continue upwards from there which can include removal from the league for multiple violations.
D. Playoff Roster Eligibility
- Players are eligible for the playoff roster if they were on the active roster or the IL on the day prior to roster expansion (Sept 1st). If a player is placed on the 60-day IL since then or on the 15-day IL during the playoffs, he may be replaced by a player who is on the active roster. Moves are not allowed when a playoff series is in progress.
III. GM Activity Expectations
- We expect an export regularly. If we do not receive an export in 7 days, you will be removed from the league.
- We expect all members to be actively involved outside of just exporting. This can be done in a number of ways, so let it be something that plays towards your strengths. At the very least, all members should be active on Discord and contributing to the league’s growth, or face the possibility of being replaced.