View the official OOTP 20 teaser trailer
Out of the Park Developments, an official licensee of Major League Baseball (MLB), the Major League Baseball Players Association, and MiLB.com
, today announced that Out of the Park Baseball 20
will be released on March 22, 2019. OOTP 20
is the 20th anniversary edition of the award-winning baseball strategy game, the culmination of two decades of sports strategy gaming excellence with dozens of exciting new features and deep improvements.
Out of the Park Baseball 20
- For the first time ever – integrated live services all season long! Start a new MLB game any day during the regular season and Postseason with up-to-date rosters, standings, stats and player ratings, or to update player ratings in your current game based on their current performances.
- All new motion-capture-powered 3D animations, driving a supercharged in-game experience
- Ultra-modern baseball strategies, including ‘openers’ and ‘followers’ as today’s game continues to evolve – plus advanced in-game smarts to counteract these moves!
- Improved AI for trades, scouting, contracts, roster-building, and player evaluation
- Upgraded prospect and minor league ratings, thanks to the biggest and most hands-on roster evaluation team yet!
- 2019 roster sets with all Opening Day MLB rosters, as well as the complete minor league system from Triple-A to rookie leagues as well as the Arizona Fall League. All major league (and over a thousand minor league) player ratings will be based on the popular ZiPS player projection system.
- 12 international leagues, as well as several independent minor leagues in the US and internationally, with accurate rosters
- Perfect Team mode 2.0, the next generation of the wildly popular online competitive mode – including all-new tournaments, hundreds of more cards, collection missions, upgraded auction house, additional league levels, and new content release every week all year long!
- Many more improvements, all built upon the incredibly deep award-winning Out of the Park Baseball engine that has accurately simulated the World Series winner the past two seasons on MLB Network and produced deep simulations for FiveThirtyEight.com!
Plus! This summer, Out of the Park Developments will unveil our exciting new mobile app OOTP Go,
a completely revamped on-the-go experience that allows you to enjoy OOTP
and Perfect Team mode anywhere, anytime!
Customers can pre-order OOTP 20
for $35.99, a 10% discount off its full retail price in the OOTP Developments webstore. All pre-order purchases include beta access on March 18, four days ahead of the official launch on March 22.
can be pre-ordered through this link:
Steam & Origin pre-orders are not available. Instead, the game launches on these channels on March 22 for a 10% launch discount which expires March 29.
All customers who pre-order or purchase the game and register a Perfect Team mode account prior to March 29 will receive one bonus Perfect Team mode Gold Pack.
runs on PC/Mac/Linux and features the American League and National League logos, the World Series trophy, official logos and jerseys for all 30 MLB teams, over 150 Minor League Baseball league and team logos, and historical MLB logos.
Quotes from OOTP Developments executives
“Two decades ago, I never would have dreamed we could accomplish something like Out of the Park Baseball 20
,” said lead developer, lifelong baseball fan, and Out of the Park Developments CEO Markus Heinsohn. “This is the ultimate vision of what we set out to do so long ago. Every single member of the OOTP community has contributed to this – fans, beta testers, our friends in the major and minor leagues, our developers, and our research staff. We’re beyond delighted and can’t wait for everyone to get their hands on it.”
“Out of the Park Baseball 20
is the biggest, best, and most ambitious game we’ve ever made,” said Out of the Park Developments CMO Richard Grisham. “Thanks to the investments we’ve made in infrastructure, live services, and AI over the past few years, Out of the Park Baseball 20
offers something for every possible kind of player – and it will evolve all season long in ways we never could have done before. Everyone who gives it a try will love it.”
About Out of the Park Developments
Out of the Park Developments is the developer of the award-winning OOTP
and MLB Manager
series of baseball management simulations, Franchise Hockey Manager, and Beyond the Sideline Football. German-based OOTP Developments was founded by Markus Heinsohn and Andreas Raht in 1999. OOTP Developments has consistently produced games that have met with critical acclaim, including winning Metacritic’s coveted “PC Game of the Year” for the 2016 version of OOTP and “Game of the Year” for the 2007 edition of OOTP
, which remains the second highest-rated PC game on Metacritic of all time. Further information on the company and its games is available from the OOTP Developments website, http://www.ootpdevelopments.com
Major League Baseball Players Association
The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.mlbplayers.com
) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. In 2017, the MLBPA launched Infield Chatter, an innovative social media app created by the Players for the fans and available in the App Store and Google Play. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust; @InfieldChatter